Wednesday, August 26, 2009

God's Hands

We were watching television last night and saw a commercial where a man and his son had really tiny hands. It was meant to be funny, and it was, but it occurred to me that oftentimes we see God like this.
God is not weak and wondering why terrible things happen in our world. Psalm 139:2 says, "You sift and search out my path and my lying down, and You are acquainted with all my ways." When I think of sifting, I picture God's large hands sifting out rocks and letting sand through. The sand might represent the current path that we are on. Nothing takes Him by surprise.
Psalm 138:8 says, "The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness O Lord endure forever..."
God's hands are our hedge of protection. I do believe we should obey what the Spirit is telling us to do at times in order to remain within that hedge. In the big picture, our Father has large hands that sift out our path and make it perfect. What a comforting thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment