Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Favorite Things

Hebrews 13:5 says,"Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]..."

We can possess things, but things should never possess us. I love the last part of this segment of Hebrews 13:5 that says that we should be satisfied with what we have. John 10:10 says that we are to enjoy our lives. That even means our stuff!
I am learning not to complain. For instance, I am learning to say, "Well, even though I don't have a fenced in back-yard, what I DO love about my house is the big picture window in back. In fact, I think I will raise the blind today and just enjoy the view."

I have even thought about having a "favorite things" album in my facebook pictures. I am learning to celebrate God's blessings, enjoy what I already have and cease from complaining and wanting what I do not have.

No comments:

Post a Comment