Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mothers and Fathers

I've been overwhelmed the past few hours with some dreams and visions. A dream that I had back in January came to my mind. The Lord gave me the "buckle" (a belt buckle I found in a field over-seas) of a well-known missionary. I hesitate to share details because I want to focus on the Lord here and His heart for the poor and the fatherless.
In our country and around the world, satan is attacking the family unit. This is a serious matter. We need spiritual mothers and fathers to step up and take their places no matter the cost.
I have been challenged in this area. I have also had some thoughts on this matter and its relationship to the furious outbreak of cancer that we are currently seeing.
Someone challenged us a few months ago to ask God what is causing cancer. I asked the Lord, and I felt that I heard Him say, "A FATHERLESS GENERATION". Now I realize that this is not the cause of every single case of cancer. However, deep in my heart I feel that this is a clue for us.
This particular missionary that I mentioned earlier is a spiritual mother to many children. And guess what? Her husband is and has been a spiritual father to thousands of children. He has been attacked so much in his body and needs a lot of prayer right now.
Got time for one more example? I was watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition the other day and the family that got the makeover had adopted several children from China. I don't even know if they were "Christians" or not, but you could see the tremendous love and care that they provided for these children. Each of the children had some sort of problem--being deaf, blind, missing fingers, etc. The FATHER developed brain cancer. It's as if satan saw the needs of these children and attacked where it would hurt the most. I'm not trying to develop any theories, only relaying what I am currently observing in the natural and the spiritual.
It is time for all of us to rise up and take our place in the kingdom. Even if you are 22 years old, you can be a spiritual mother or father as the Lord leads. May He encourage you in your calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment