Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fear Not

Recently, I've been experiencing a little stress. It's amazing that the simple words "Fear not, for I am with you" really comforted me in a time of perplexity and despair. God is enough!

Isaiah 43 is a wonderful passage of scripture. There are so many nuggets of truth in there such as, "I WILL WORK--who can hinder or reverse it?" Nobody. God is so sovereign, yet so involved in our individual lives.

Verse 2 says, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you." Notice it didn't state "IF" you go through, but "WHEN". There will always be sin in the world. God won't violate man's free will. He doesn't hurt us, other people hurt us and there are bad effects from living in a world of sin!

Fear. As a single woman, especially one who has traveled abroad and will be traveling more, God has used verse 4 so many times. "Because you are precious in My sight and honored, and because I love you, I will give men in return for you and peoples in exchange for your life."

Have you ever seen God re-arrange circumstances on your account? He says He will, but we must have FAITH that He can move that mountain, and that He loves us enough to do it.

This is such an awesome passage to meditate on. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment