Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Higher Ground

I'm going up! Lately, I've been encouraged to believe for better, higher and stronger.
You may interpret that however you like. It's been a while since my last post, mostly due to the fact that we've traveled quite a bit since last week, and Brian had corrective eye surgery.
Talking with him these past few days, I realized the strong desire he has to fly. I don't see anything wrong with that. To me, flying gives you a sense of power, of being on top of the world.

Everyone wants to be their very best (well, most people do). Brian and I both feel like this next season we are going higher. There will always be people to bring you down, thoughts to bring you down, but it seems like all the while God is saying, "Up! up! up!".

2 Corinthians 3:18 says, "But we all, with uncovered face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."
As we behold Him, staying in His presence we will go higher--from glory to glory.

In the words of Stevie Wonder, "No ones gonna bring me down--Oh no...Till I reach my highest ground. Dont you let nobody bring you down (they'll sho nuff try) God is gonna show you higher ground!"

1 comment: