Friday, May 22, 2009

I Won't Back Down

A few mornings ago, I woke up thinking about the battle. I thought about the Tom Petty song I Won't Back Down. Then I thought about Philippians 1:28 that says, "And do not [for a moment] be frightened or intimidated in anything by your opponents and adversaries, for such [constancy and fearlessness] will be a clear sign (proof and seal) to them of [their impending] destruction, but a sure token and evidence of your deliverance and salvation, and that from God." The following verses are good too, but too lengthy to type here.

Later on in the day, I had a battle in my mind. I struggled and prayed and asked God to speak. In the truck I decided to vary my listening options by channel surfing when I stumbled upon none other than Mr. Petty himself singing, "You can stand me up at the gates of hell, but I'll stand my ground...and I WON'T back down!". That is awesome, and that is how the Lord is helping me through this season.

When he wrote Phillipians chapter one, Paul (v.30) told the readers that they were engaged in the same conflict in which they saw him and that he was still in the same conflict.

To everyone that needs encouragement today, please know that "there ain't no easy way out" but God is readily available to help us be constant and fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment