Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Things Above

I am recognizing more and more that we were created to live for much more than what we can see, touch and sense in the natural. That is why Colossians 3:2-3 says, "And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth. For [as far as this world is concerned] you have died, and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God."

We substitute many things for the higher life. God is calling us upward and we cling to the natural.
Ephesians 6 tells us that are battle isn't with flesh and blood. We are spiritual beings in a spiritual battle.

Personally it seems like the more I try to reason things out in my mind, the worse my situation becomes. When GOD is leading, He does give me practical wisdom in my mind. So if I seek Him first, I will have peace and be in the right place at the right time.

I am seeking today, to keep my mind on things above--the higher things.

No comments:

Post a Comment