Monday, May 18, 2009

He Will Finish It

Sometimes waiting is so hard.

I was reading Phillipians 1:6 this morning and it encouraged me. "And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ, developing and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you."

It is so easy to want to give up on our dreams and desires. A wise man once said, "Satan doesn't care how well you run, but if you finish the race." Sometimes breakthrough is right around the corner and sometimes we just have to wait. That is where faith comes in. Satan wants to fill our minds full of doubt so we will speak it out. Doubt and unbelief make for a self-fulfilling prophecy. We have to stay in faith, press on and finish the race.

He will bring it to completion. We have to trust Him, not our emotions and that is sometimes not easy.

1 comment:

  1. Amen sista
    I have just learned a little more of the power of waiting and standing firm in what I beleive. This is where faith becomes stronger and our confidence in our faithful God has opportunity to flourish! Priceless and He knows it because it causes us to die to what we see, to not be moved by it and only be moved by His Word and Spirit! I think my muscles may be getting a little more visual! :) 1Cor13

    ReplyDelete