Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wait

There are times to move and there are times to wait. It's easier (for me anyway) to move than to wait. I learned a big lesson in waiting when I was 17 years old. I had to be in bed for almost a year, with the exception of the occasional car ride or walking to the end of the driveway.

I used to be such a driven individual--even as a child. It's been 12 years since my healing took place. He takes us and transforms us into something new, if we are willing and obedient!

I'm still learning to wait. Yesterday I had an errand to run, but after I got dressed and ready to go, I felt the grace lift to do it. Instead, I felt like some other things needed to be done. In addition to that I heard the Holy Spirit say, "Don't go". I don't look for a word from God on every little detail of life, so I kind of brushed it aside and went anyway.

After a 15 mile trip one way, I got to my destination only to find that the office was CLOSED!!!

I read this morning in Psalm 106:13-15, "...They did not [earnestly] wait for His plans [to develop] regarding them, but lusted exceedingly in the wilderness and tempted and tried to restrain God [with their insistent desires] in the desert. And He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their souls..."

I am learning to give myself grace in this area. We are all learning to hear His voice. I chalked yesterday up to a learning experience. Today, I make the 15 mile trip again, but I think I'll call first to make sure they are open:)

No comments:

Post a Comment