Saturday, April 18, 2009

Maintaining Peace

I am learning a lot right now about maintaining peace. It's so easy to want to demand our way, to focus on our "rights". The other day I was asking the Lord about a particular situation and I seemed to hear Him say, "You have to lay down your rights."

Jesus was the servant of all. He considered others first. I don't have many pet peaves, but since this is my own personal blog, I will ramble a bit about one in particular. Lack of integrity!!

My parents always taught me to return a phone call. They always taught me to consider the needs of others before my own needs. As I've stepped into the kingdom of God, I realize that simple practical things are VERY MUCH a part of being in the kingdom. I like what Joyce Meyer says, "You want to cast out demons, but you don't have authority over a sink full of dishes!" My favorite is when someone says, "I'll be there" then doesn't give enough consideration to make a call, send a text or whatever to say their plans have changed.

There will be times we get busy, distracted and forget to make that phone call. That's not what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about patterns in life that can hinder our ministry.

Well, I'm really soapy now from sliding around on my box, so I'll conclude with Romans 12:18. "If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment