Thursday, April 16, 2009

Obedience

Psalm 32:7 says, "You are my hiding place; you shall preserve me from trouble; you shall surround me with songs of deliverance."

Verses 8-9 are the KEY: "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Do not be like the horse or like the mule, which have no understanding, which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, else they will not come near you."

None of us hears God perfectly. 1 Corinthians 13:9 says that we know "in part". But we can do our best to obey what we believe He is speaking to us. We must take the first step and obey.

Here is the promise in verse 10b: "He who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him."
His mercy is there to catch us when we fall. His mercy is there to cover our mistakes. All he asks is that we obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment