Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Trials

I've been going through a trial recently, and the Lord reminded me of a verse I read a few weeks ago. Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you. 5) Fear not for I am with you..."

Trials will come, but He will be with us through every one of them. I like the comment Joyce Meyer makes about trials, "I do know they are intended to strengthen you, to develop your character, to cause you to persevere, to sanctify you, to purify you, to teach you the unique lessons of suffering, to teach you the benefits and disciplines of sacrifice, and to make you a better person. You may cringe as you think about these things, but if you really want to fulfill your potential, you simply must be prepared to go through them.

In all these things, it is comforting to me to know that He is with me, the rivers will not overwhelm me, and I won't be burned by the fire. I feel the Lord strengthening me by His words today and I hope you will be strengthened as you reflect on this verse.

2 comments:

  1. :) What a sweet fragrance you are!
    Love you
    1Cor13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks K.D.
    Wonderful words.
    Love you much and appreciate you so much.

    ReplyDelete