Friday, April 10, 2009

Move

Yesterday when I was working, I heard a song playing in our office and today it came to me as I was waking up. The lyrics that spoke to me are as follows, "There's a dead end to my left
There's a burning bush to my right...

Or am I standing still?
Beneath the darkened sky
Or am I standing still?
With the scenery flying by
Or am I standing still?
Out of the corner of my eye
Was that you that passed me by?"

To me, the dead end represents the past--we can't go any further that way. It's over.
The "burning bush" represents the presence of God and what He's calling us to. It is scary sometimes! But if we don't move with Him, His best will pass us by. His love remains, but the choice is ours.
I pray that we can find strength to step out of our comfort zones when He calls us to--not to stand still, but to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment