Wednesday, April 1, 2009

For a moment...

Psalm 30:5 says, "For His anger is but for a moment, but His favor is for a lifetime or in His favor is life. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."

Trials are seasonal. I don't think the Lord meant for our lives to be one big trial. We can have peace in the midst of the storm.

Joy comes in the morning! Keep holding on. Brian and I were talking about the song by Third Day that says, "There's a light at the end of this tunnel for you...so keep holding on!" Keep holding on.

1 comment:

  1. I think of trial like child birth. I know you have not experienced that but there are other things that are developed like contractions.

    For instance...those machines that stimulate muscles for rehab. They are set for a certain amount of time then they cut off. During the time they are "helping the muscle" they shock the muscle lightly, then increase in intensity, then back off to a lighter shock. It is not more than you can bear but at the height of the stimulation you think "I can't do this." Then it resides a bit.

    Contractions are that way too except totally developed and timed by God. Yet, He never made it more than we could bear...still it is painful and difficult. And as my Mother In Law told me before I birthed SB..."It will hurt a lot and right when you think you are going to die...you will birth a beautiful baby."
    so I am thinking forward to the baby...

    ReplyDelete