Monday, June 8, 2009

Support

I am beginning to realize how important it is to have support. God is first, family and friends second. In Hebrews 13:5 He says that He will not fail us or leave us without support. Verse 6 says, "I will not be seized with alarm. What can man do to me?"

Recently I was having some fear of the future. The Lord spoke to me and said, "I will never leave you or forsake you--you won't be left behind." What a comforting thought!

I read Streams in the Desert this morning and thought I would type an excerpt from the reading for today. "Tomorrow's bridge is a dangerous thing; I dare not cross it now. I can see its timbers sway and swing, and its arches reel and bow. O heart, you must hope alway; You must sing and trust and say: I'll bear the sorrow that comes tomorrow, but I'll borrow none today." At the end was the quote, "The eagle that soars in the upper air does not worry itself as to how it is to cross rivers."

No comments:

Post a Comment