Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sweet Home

In the church, we need to be careful about putting people in places of leadership when they are not ready. I need to make it clear that I am saying these things to show what God is doing in my life right now. I am in NO way unhappy about my current church...I love it!

When I was first filled with the Spirit, like many others, I wanted to serve God in every way possible. There were opportunities for that--lots of them. I began to take on a religious "shell" where it seemed like I had it all together, when I really needed to be discipled and healed in a lot of areas.

Yesterday, God freed me from that shell. I feel like a weight has been taken off of my shoulders. I am free to be me. If that means leading worship, great. If that means watching movies and hearing God through them, great. Speaking of movies, last night I was watching Sweet Home Alabama (muted because Brian was doing some work in the room). Reese Witherspoon's character had a choice at the altar to choose the man who represented the "shell" she had adopted in her current life, or her true husband, the one who knew her for who she really was. She picked the latter.
The Holy Spirit said to me, through a simple picture with no sound, "Lay down your religion and go with Me." So I am.

I was reading in Isaiah 52 this morning. Verse 2 says, "Shake yourself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem; loose thyself from the bands of thy neck..."9) Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the Lord has comforted his people, he has redeemed Jerusalem." To me, God is saying, "K.D., shake off the shell. Now, sit down. You don't have to actively pretend to be something you are not."

And neither do you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment