Sunday, March 8, 2009

Feelings

I was thinking earlier today, before I went to church...I didn't really "feel" like going, even though I always get blessed when I go. My thought was this--the Word says we should always make an effort to get together with other believers in order to encourage one another (see Hebrews 10:24-25). I'm not trying to make any rules here or get into specifics. Sometimes our circumstances are such that we simply can not go. I'm talking about feelings--God given emotions that can NOT be our God. I like the following quote and really only wanted to post it today. It has helped me remember not to live by my feelings, but rather what the Word says (especially about who I am and what I have in Christ) and what I sense the Spirit is saying. I don't know who said this, but I thought it was important enough to write it down about three years ago. "To make sense and feeling the judges of our spiritual conditions, what is it but to make ourselves happy and miserable, righteous and unrighteous, saved and damned in one day...Be much in believing, and make only the scripture the judge of your condition...If you resolve to make sense and feeling the judge of your conditions, you must resolve to live in fears, and lie down in tears."

1 comment:

  1. thank you kaf-leen. i appreciate your efforts in encouraging. it's like old times in college, with your little white marker board notes as my devotions.

    ReplyDelete