Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Will Yet Praise Him

Psalm 43:5 says, "Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God."(See also Ps. 42:5,11). This Psalm has been coming to my mind lately. Sometimes we don't want to admit that we are a little sad or downcast. We can still praise Him. In fact, once we start to praise, He will inhabit our praises and our problems seem to fade away.
Just a personal testimony: a couple of days ago I strained a little muscle in my neck. It was one kind of embedded in there, not on the outside. Then yesterday, I did something to aggravate it. I just decided to move on with life, hoping it would go away. Today as I sat at the piano, just playing and praising--not really moving my body at all, that little area in my neck popped, and straitened out. Praise God!!! If we will just praise Him, His presence will overshadow us and He will take care of the things that concern us.

No comments:

Post a Comment