Saturday, March 14, 2009

Persistence in Faith

Recently, I have been believing God for something specific. I realized that I can not make it happen in my own strength and that unbelief can actually hinder me from obtaining the blessing. I like the amplified Bible, and in it, Hebrews 11:1 says that "Faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things we hope for...."
If faith IS it, then unbelief will surely block the blessing. Also I read in Psalm 33:16 that even a king is not saved by the greatness of his army. The Lord's eye is on them that hope in his mercy. Verse 22 is one of my favorites, "Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, just as we hope in You. To believe in a moment is easy. To wait in expectation and trust in God over time is not always easy. Luke 18:7-8 reminds us that God is a just judge who will avenge us who cry out to Him day and night. "However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find [persistence in] faith on the earth?
Hebrews 10:35 says that we should not throw away our confidence because it has great reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment