Friday, March 6, 2009

What I'm Learning...

 We are in a battle. Ephesians 6 says we are to put on the full armor of God. I don't want to get into all the specifics of that chapter, because each of the pieces of the armor of God are important. I want to focus mainly on verse 18. "Pray at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and entreaty..." Brian challenged me on this several months ago. I was struggling with negative thoughts and it was really affecting me.
Last week, I ended up going somewhere that seemed harmless, even good and profitable. Only, I did not have peace about it. That morning I was kind of un-focused and not really in the "spirit of prayer". However, I felt a little twinge in my heart about going. I pressed on anyway, and got attacked. I sensed the Lord telling me this morning, "You didn't have your armor on". Specifically He was showing me that when we pray in the Spirit, He helps us know which way to go. If only we will listen to God! If we disobey the Holy Spirit (His promptings, etc.) in the little things, it hardens us to His voice and can prevent us from hearing Him on more important matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment