Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Psalm 30

Here are some encouraging excerpts from Psalm 30.
(2)" O Lord my God, I cried unto You and You have healed me."
(5) "For His anger is but for a moment, but His favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."
(11)" You have turned my mourning into dancing for me; You have put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,
(12) To the end that my tongue and my heart and everything within me may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever."
I believe that there are short seasons for mourning. Here, the psalmist says that God turned his mourning into dancing so that he would be able to sing and give thanks to God.
Joy comes in the morning, not the mourning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment